The UKSTAR Software Meetup Hero Competition is Back!
We’re back for our second year of the UKSTAR Software Meetup Hero Competition!
See last year’s successful nominations here
The UKSTAR Software Meetup Hero Competition aims to recognise those you go the extra mile for the Software Testing Community.
Meetups are a great way to get together with others in the software testing industry. They provide a place for anyone involved in testing to meet fellow testers, share stories and experiences about tools and techniques. A place of learning, where live demonstrations of tools can be seen by those who use them regularly. It is an open and safe space for people to learn. But these events don’t just happen on their own, there are so many people involved in making meetups the best they can be.
We all know a Software Meetup Hero. That person who goes above and beyond to make a meetup great!
- Organise the venue and source speakers
- Spread the word and build awareness
- Brings snacks for everyone
- Always has a smile and asks the best questions
- Showed you around at your first meetup
- Organises local meetups
- Have taken the next step to share their expertise
They do ONE or ALL of these things.
They’re somebody who is passionate about the software testing community. Maybe they showed you around at your first meetup? Gave you amazing suggestions or mentored you when you started? Maybe it’s something else that we haven’t listed above. There are so many things that can make someone a Software Meetup Hero. What do you think deserves to be noticed?
Now is the time to say ‘Thank You!’
Thank you to everybody who makes this community a welcoming place. We want to reward those unsung heroes! Those who do great deeds but receive little or no recognition for them. That is why we created the Software Meetup Hero!
So do you know someone who fits the cape? All that’s left to do is nominate them. You can do this individually or as a group. Simply enter through the button below, tell us who you’re nominating and why. Simple as that! The winning nomination will win 3 free tickets to UKSTAR. That’s one for the software meetup hero for being so great and 2 for you and your group for showing your appreciation and nominating someone, showing that you recognize the effort they put in.
Winner of the Software Meetup Hero Competition 2017
Brighton and Hove Test Meetup
Nominated By Kim Knup
- She is great at making people feel welcome and comfortable.
- She helps find speakers and venues and sponsors.
- Her enthusiasm is infectious and always inspires at least me to do better, although I am sure many have been infected by her positivity.
- Emma also created a Facebook page for our meet up and tweets regularly about the events we have planned, sharing her excitement about being able to meet new people and learn something at the same time.
- Her positive attitude makes everyone feel excited about testing and learning, which has resulted in a great mix of regular attendees.
- She will ask questions during the talks we organise to get the conversation started and never turns down to carry the conversations on in the pub afterwards.
- Only recently has she made the transition to testing (in 2014 actually) and has taken to it like a fish to water, getting stuck into the wider testing community from day one.
- Even though she lives an hour one way bus ride away from where we host the tester meet ups she is always there and always on point, being friendly, networking and asking questions.
- One particular awesome event she organised was our “testing games”. Emma brought a tonnes of fun puzzles and games and organised a low key event in the pub, setting up an ice breaker followed by challenging games that got everyone talking and thinking. She was an awesome game show host so to speak. 😀
“Emma has also gone out of her way to support me in my speaking endeavours listening to my talks and reviewing slides, which I am eternally grateful for.”
Without her we would not have the Brighton and Hove tester meet up.
You can see more of the 2017 successful applications here
Submit someone for the UKSTAR Software Meetup Hero Today!